Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Making Dragonfly Earrings!

Preparing for shows where my finished work is the main feature has kept me very busy.  Two shows are on the horizon. The first is the Coronado Art Walk September 17 & 18. Coronado is a very special place. A little island of beauty across the bay from downtown San Diego. If you are in the area, this show is one of the best in town! I will be at the Talmadge Art Show November 20. This is a one day show and the artists are extraordinary! I am proud to participate in this show.
Bead Fest Texas is coming up in October. I will have my kits available as well as some of my finished work.
I am on a roll with the dragonfly earrings and have 12 pairs! They are so beautiful. I use Basha Beads for the body on a brass Queen Dragonfly with a little Princess Dragonfly dangling from crystals at the bottom. A photo session to capture each one is on the priority list. Meanwhile, they are temorarily hanging from velvet boards.

 The morning is my favorite time to create. Wandering out to the back yard is always inspiring. It is August and the Passion Vines are bursting into bloom. This is always an exciting event for me. These flowers are so otherworldly! The vines are full of little closed buds ready to open as the days get warmer.
Looking up to the sky first thing this morning I was delighted to see the crescent moon captured in the curl of the Wisteria vine. It is going to be a very special day indeed! Full of wonder and possibilities.
Create something beautiful today!

No comments:

Post a Comment