Sunday, May 8, 2011

Gator By The Bay & Mother's Day

What a great weekend I'm having. Yesterday, my friend Nancy and I went to Gator By The Bay here in San Diego. This wonderful Cajun, Zydeco and Blues music and food festival has been held Mother's Day weekend for 10 years. I am a big blues fan and this year there were more blues artists than ever. I chose yesterday to attend because Elvin Bishop was playing in the afternoon. He is amazing, fabulous and Rocked our butts off with his great bluesy, soulful, hard driving guitar licks. His band is incredible! I first discovered Elvin Bishop when I was 15 with the album "Rock My Soul". You may remember his hit, "Fooled Around and Fell In Love". He played none of that old stuff, just delivered on the blues/rock. 




Elvin invited legendary blues man Lazy Lester up on stage to jam for about 20 minutes. Lazy Lester cut his first album in 1956. I was 2 years old and still rocking to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. LOL! They were amazing together!

Gator By The Bay goes on today with more great artists, Cajun food including buckets and buckets of crawfish, jambalaya, etouffee, beigniets, good beer, dance lessons and lots of activities for kids. I'd go back today if my feet didn't hurt so much from dancing!

Off to my daughter's house for Mother's Day Brunch. Have a great day everyone!

3 comments:

  1. What a great day... love Elvin Bishop... and nothing is better than good friends and blues!
    Have a fantastic Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. darn you didn't mention Beignets, I may have reconsidered!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you rock life, Jeannette!
    Jean Power and I are going to be seeing the B-52s Tuesday night, we will think of you fondly.

    ReplyDelete